Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I thank the Lord - I am truly blessed. I have a wonderful husband that makes sure we have everything we need. I know I am not the easiest person to live with and I am so glad my husband sticks around to see me come through!!! I know I would not have taken some of my attitudes/mouth from him - So he never ceases to amaze me. Now don't get me wrong their are some times he has deserved the attitude/mouth. I am not one for sweeping things under the rug - I believe if a problem exists you have to call it out and be aware of it to get it worked out. My husband on the other hand is completely the opposite - he does not like to deal with conflicts. We learned a long time ago that when both of our tempers are high we do not need to be around one another. We need some time alone to think things through. When we finally do talk things through, it is amazing how we both bring different views to the table. We think things so differently that his prospective is a view I never even thought of. We have learned to even live with the "we agree to disagree" perspective. There is no doubt in my mind that the Lord meant for us to be together. I had been married before and it didn't work out - I was planning on never marrying again. (famous last words right?) The first time I seen my husband I heard this little tiny voice - deep down inside - saying he's "The One". Of course I resisted this idea for awhile and then he finally won. We became best friends and then started dating. Hubby is truly my best friend and buddy - I would be totally lost without him.

I am blessed to have 2 very wonderful and healthy children. I know I have to get on their case for their choices, or attitudes or behavior every once in awhile, but they are good kids. Even though they are 20 and 18 I do still give my opinion and say-so. I tell them when they become older than me that is when I will stop being their mother. I do let them make their own choices but they do deal with the consequences themselves for their choice. I firmly believe that if people would take the responsiblity for thier choices instead of blaming someone else or whining about it later we would have a better world. It never ceases to amaze me the cry babies in this world. I guess I never knew how bad until I became a dispatcher. I am sorry people - but I did not have to call the police to take care of my own children!!!! When a mother is bringing a 4 yr old child to the pd to speak with an ofc because she is "out of control" - I just want to say "Who is the Mother????" I don't think that it is a good idea to teach children to be afraid of a police ofc or a firefighter anyway because someday they may have to save that childs life. If children are taught to be afraid of them - then it is real hard to get that child to go to the ofc/fireman when their lives are depending on them.

I am especially blessed today because after tonight I am off for 4days!!!!! I am so looking forward to this weekend. I will not be writing/reading until mon night. Hope everyone has a very wonderful and peaceful weekend!!!! My prayer is for everyone to be blessed as I am!!!!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Enjoy your 4 days off!! I know first hand how lovely it is to get a break from that job!

I like the calls when a teenager calls reporting their parents are "beating" them, and you can tell by the tone of their voice they're being trouble making brats and the parents have been trying to get the kid under control.

I totally agree, personal responsibility is something that is totally lacking in our society.