Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Twinkle -Twinkle - little stars

My weekend went by way too fast. How come the weekend doesn't go this quickly when I have to work them??

My hubby and I went to our place on the lake Sat night. We have about 6 couples that we hang out with, and 4 of them was down this weekend. We were cellebrating one of the ladies birthday Sat. We always have a wonderful time!! Relaxing by the fire and talking - laughing - singing. We all went down to the edge of the lake and sat by the water and under the stars. The weather was perfect not too cold and not too hot. We had a nice fire to keep us all warm and keep the guys busy doing something. I don't know why - but guys do love to play with fire. The sky was just full of stars - I was hoping to see a fallen star but that did not happen. We noticed that lightning bugs were just sitting on the banks and every once in awhile they would blink/glow. I always thought lightning bugs flew but these were sitting still - I guess they were bumming that summer is over too. I was so enjoying Gods pleasures, and wishing the warm weather did not have to leave.

I do not much care for cold. I like having one good snow storm around christmas and then I am so-o ready for summer. I like the fall because I like to wear sweaters and I love the beautiful colors, but then I know what is coming right around the bend. SNOW!!! UGH

I just barely got to read a couple of blogs the last couple of days and I am just now getting to write a few words. We have been way toooooooo busy at work these last 2 days. I don't know what has gotten into people. Can't we all just get along????? I know people start getting more moody and hateful as the holidays approach. (Some don't need any excuses) I try to remember that not all Gods children get to enjoy his little blessings (like the beautiful stars) and these are the ones that I need to show more of his compassion toward. I know that some will not even make it through the winter and holidays and I do pray that God keeps them as safe and warm as he keeps me.

The phones are starting to get busy again!!! - Oh how I wish I was sitting under the stars again!!! Take some time to look up at the beautiful sky our lord has given us!!You never know what you will see or hear!!!!

No comments: